Production and Design Assistant - Part Time with full time potential
Jenny Pennywood is a studio founded by fine artist and painter Jen Garrido in 2008. Based in San Francisco, CA, Jenny Pennywood has grown into a textile line focusing on creating small batch, locally dyed and sewn home goods, everyday wear and more. We are excited to bring in some key individuals to support our growing company.
The Production and Design Assistant is an integral team player who balances the needs of the company with the unpredictable nature of production, directly working with Jen Garrido to conceptualize design, source fabric, new colors and so much more. As the Production and Design Assistant at Jenny Pennywood, you will work with our various partners in the Bay Area on all aspects of our manufacturing process from patterning and fit to delivery of product to our customers.
We are looking for someone who is a self starter, thrives in a fast paced, highly creative environment and who is able to take instruction and run with it. This is not a design job, however, this is a major supporting role to Jen Garrido in the conception and development of our products. Someone who is extremely detailed, looks two steps ahead and loves to collaborate will thrive in this role. Those who are inconsistent, unreliable, or lead with a ‘no’ need not apply. This is currently a part time role with a flexible schedule, with the expectation of more responsibility and growth through the holiday season and 2022.
What does the job entail?
- Collaborating with Jen Garrido to bring her designs to life
- Managing both home goods and clothing line lifecycles, including but not limited to fabric sourcing support, building tech packs for prototyping, pattern testing and communicating edits to our partners. You must be familiar with product development, with a working knowledge of making garments from technical sketches to a 3D product
- Building and maintaining relationships with the Jenny Pennywood partners and suppliers, transporting product and placing orders
- Building and maintaining launch schedules, balancing multiple projects at once, setting and sticking to deadlines
- Working closely with Studio Assistant and fulfillment teams to ensure delivery to our customers while incorporating customer feedback into production
- Giving your point of view on design, fit and more, providing a structured sounding board in a highly creative environment
What we are looking for:
- Highly organized creative who is excited to be a partner to Jen Garrido and her vision
- Working knowledge and understanding of fabric, patterning, shrinkage, dyes, fit, etc., excited to learn more and take initiative
- You have excellent studio etiquette and have worked in creative areas previously. You understand that your role is not to critique or comment on others' work but to be supportive of their vision. You are trustworthy in the creative process.
- Eagerness to learn and actively own your own development in the role, able to navigate ambiguity
- Process and systems improvements as we continue to grow our business
- Self starter attitude, you don’t need a ton of direction to get going, you know when to ask questions
- You have a car and can help transport large amounts of material, orders and supplies to our vendors with our Studio Assistant
- Lifting of up to 30 lbs. as needed
- Transporting merchandise and equipment
Sound like you? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
We carefully review all applications and will respond personally to those who match qualifications for the positions. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
Thank you for your interest in Jenny Pennywood!