Studio Assistant - Part Time
Jenny Pennywood is a studio founded by fine artist and painter Jen Garrido in 2008. Based in San Francisco, CA, Jenny Pennywood has grown into a textile line focusing on creating small batch, locally dyed and sewn home goods, everyday wear and more. We are excited to bring in some key individuals to support our growing company.
The Studio Assistant is a team player who does it all! Working directly with Jen Garrido, the Studio Assistant balances fulfillment, customer service and studio tasks efficiently and with care. We are looking for someone who is a self starter, detail orientated and highly organized. If you love a clean space, perfectly organized inventory and inbox zero, we want to hear from you! Those who are unable to work independently, who are not opportunistic with organization and taking care of to-dos or who lead with a ‘no’ need not apply.
What does the job entail?
- This is a part time role (20-24 hours a week).
- Picking and packing online orders with extreme care and attention to detail
- Receiving, counting and properly storing and managing inventory across multiple categories
- Answering customer service inquiries including the processing of returns, exchanges and troubleshooting any issues
- Coordinating with Jen Garrido on the transportation of samples, prototypes and goods, sometimes picking up and delivering materials
- Maintaining multiple neat, organized studio spaces. This includes cleaning and organizational work - you know where everything is!
- Miscellaneous clerical work, supply ordering, errand running
- Assisting the team with photoshoots and launches as needed
- Flexible schedule! We are happy to work with you on your desired days/hours during the trial period
What we’re looking for:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You’re flexible - no job is too small, but you know how to balance urgent tasks with those that must be completed in a given timeline
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Customer service experience a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Google Docs a plus
- You own a vehicle. We have lots of errands and someone who has their own car who is comfortable driving in the Bay is key!
- Lifting of up to 30 lbs. as needed
- Transporting merchandise and equipment as needed