“Wiggle,” a little painting for our upcoming fabric by the yard 2.0
First, an update from my uterus
To be clear, I have no intention to make a habit of blasting this kind of information on a regular basis, but after reading your emails, this is how we're opening.
Enter: “Two polyps and a cyst…”
I keep wanting to start this conversation with a joke: “two polyps and a cyst walk into a bar,” but I'll refrain as this is serious business. It looks like I have a few new house guests, as announced to me by my OBGYN last week. It makes sense why my Goddess Moon Cycle has felt so extra lately. I'm imagining one of these things will either burst or just go away. My preference is the latter. Irish exit or French goodbye, please.
I know I'm not alone in this diagnosis. It's clear that many of us are in the business of navigating these obstacles, trying our best to balance our hormones, from pre-menstrual to post-menopause & just find some semblance of peace.
Christina, who I previously referred to as “marketing person,” and I talk about this a lot. Today, she's sharing her witchy method for striking balance. A herbal concoction she credits for transforming her monthly hormone crash into a much silkier, mostly symptom-free way of life.
Disclosure: Christina is a creative, not a doctor. Her method is not FDA approved, but it's definitely woo woo approved. This ritual works for her & seems to have worked for many women of all ages with whom she's shared it.
Daily Hormone Tea
This homemade loose leaf tea recipe is the ultimate hormone-balancing act. It’s adaptogenic, so the benefits come from ingesting small amounts, on an ongoing basis, over a prolonged period of time. It only works if you stay regular, so make it your morning ritual & don't skip days until you start to feel the herbs working their magic. Once you do, you won't want to skip.
- Buy herbs in bulk: Scarlett Sage in SF & Flower Power in NYC were my go-to’s for bulk herbs when I lived in each city
- Batch the blend once a month: This way, you prep once/month vs. daily. Daily is too tedious.
- Store your monthly blend in a large mason jar with a lid.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of herbal blend to a loose leaf tea pot or small/medium French press.
- Steep 10 minutes & enjoy.
- If you want to go a little bolder, double the serving & pull the steep 2-3 times.
- Repeat daily as your morning ritual. No skip days during month-1!
Bulk Recipe (~1-month supply):
- 1 cup Raspberry Leaf
- 5 tbsp Nettle
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 3/4 cups Dandelion Root
- 2 tbsp Dong Quai
- 1 3/4 cups Rose Petals Or Buds
- 1 1/4 cup Licorice Root
That's all for now.
Pst, we're headed on a real vacation next week. We're working on fun new topics that we can't wait to share in a few weeks. Stay tuned.